Director of Operations
Salary & Benefits
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Cornwall Air Ambulance was the first air ambulance in the UK and Since 1987 has flown over 31,000 missions throughout Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and beyond.
Our Operations are at the forefront of all we do and as we enter our 37th year, we are planning ahead! Significant investments – both in terms of assets, but also people will help us enter the next exciting stage of our development and growth.
Our Operations team is the largest department within the charity and has an annual budget in excess of c. £4.0M p.a. We are now seeking an inspirational Director of Operations to help make our aspirations a reality, ensuring the Charity is at the forefront of delivering the very best for the patients we support. This is a chance to join us and make a real difference!
To £70 000 + benefits Newquay
Reporting directly to the CEO and becoming a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Operations has overall responsibility for the coordination and management of all operational aspects .You will develop strong relationships with medical professionals, pilots and support staff to promote teamwork and collaboration, reporting progress regularly to the Chief Executive, Operator and Board of Trustees
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising the CEO and Trustees on all operational matters and clinical delivery.
- Developing and managing the clinical operations annual budgets for review and approval by the CEO and Trustees.
- Work collaboratively with the doctors and clinical care paramedics to ensure the provision of an outstanding critical care service.
- Liaison with the helicopter service provider to ensure that day-to-day activities are delivered in accordance with the Contract for Services, Sharing Agreement and Concept of Operations.
- Liaison with the Local Ambulance Service (SWAST) to ensure that day-to-day activities are delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead on strategic change and development initiatives to improve and refine service delivery
- Lead by example, motivating and developing a highly talented and committed team.
Potential candidates for this unique opportunity, will be successful operations professionals, with current or very recent senior-level management experience ideally within HEMS / NHS, emergency services or helicopter /aviation sectors.
The strongest candidates for this role will demonstrate an understanding of the clinical environment within the context of public and charitable sector organizations. You will have experience in the negotiation of contracts / service level agreements, as well as the management of people, systems, policies and procedures.
Willing and able to get stuck in and deliver results at tactical, operational and strategic levels. You will be a flexible individual who is comfortable dealing with employees and external partners at all levels. Very strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills are essential in a role that will manage complex stakeholder relationships. You will also be a strategic and creative thinker able to articulate and deliver the vision and drive needed to always keep the operations relevant and forward thinking.
If you are interested to hear more about this rare opportunity, please feel free to call our retained consultant - Simon Bell at Grays Search and Selection on 07766 714 951. The closing date for applications will be Friday 25th August 2023.
Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust offers flexible working options, opportunities for personal career development, and a competitive salary, whilst being part of a supportive team culture.