General Manager - Transport
Salary & Benefits
Our client is a highly successful, privately owned business, within the general Transport sector. They have a very proud heritage and have an enviable and fast growing client list across the UK.
Recent years have seen strong growth in both profit and company size, through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Exceptional customer service is at the heart of everything they do and a strong determination to find innovative and proactive solutions.
The company is now looking for an exceptional General Manager to take responsibility for one of their regional hubs and join them as they enter the next stage of their growth and development. Reporting directly to the CEO, responsibilities will include;
- Full P&L responsibility, to help drive both cost efficiencies and profit growth, delivering against agreed business plans and budgets
- Overview and effective utilization of the company’s physical assets
- Measuring business performance with KPI’s, reporting regularly to the board
- Leading by example and motivating and developing a highly experienced team to secure the best interests of the company and it customers at all times
- Representing the company to customers and external partners.
Potential candidates will be experienced and ambitious general managers / MD’s or operational leaders within the Transport / Logistics sector. You will have a motivational style and have a successful track record of leading by example, with a close eye on the details.
You will be able to demonstrate clear examples of generating and developing company efficiencies ,through the setting of tight financial controls to hit agreed budgets and financial objectives. This is a genuinely rare opportunity to make a real difference and benefit from the backing of an already successful group.
Please feel free to contact our retained consultant -Simon Bell at Grays Search and Selection, if you would like a confidential discussion before applying. Tel: 07766 714 951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org