Chief Operating Officer
Salary & Benefits
Portsmouth or Exeter
IT’S A STATE OF MIND – Do you have what it takes?
Chief Operating Officer
RMA – The Royal Marines Charity was founded in 1946. Our mission - offering lifelong support to
the Corps Family – once a Marine, always a Marine. The Charity has been growing successfully in its current form following the merger of the Royal Marines Association and Royal Marines Charity in 2019 and is seeking to maintain this growth from a very strong position.
We do this by:
- offering morale-enhancing amenities and welfare support to serving Royal Marines and their families;
- providing education and employment support to those being discharged from the Royal Marines prematurely;
- proactively supporting the health and well-being of the whole Corps Family and responding to their needs.
This is all done whilst enabling our members to retain the sense of comradeship that they enjoy as Royal Marines through our Association.
All this is enabled by our strong fundraising and communications capabilities.
Location - Portsmouth or Exeter
The Board and Chief Executive (CE) are seeking an outcomes-focused, experienced, strategic, and process-minded leader, capable of closely supporting the CE and contributing effectively to the Senior Leadership Team, leading the Operations staff and enabling every member of a unique, diverse and talented whole charity team to thrive and excel.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the CE to define the financial and operational strategy of the Charity in order to deliver its objectives.
- Taking responsibility for all areas of operations, including Finance, business support, IT, buildings and facilities, project management and procurement.
- Ensuring compliance across all areas related to regulatory requirements.
- Managing and developing a highly motivated team.
- Overseeing the Charity’s risk profile and reporting to Trustees on risk related matters.
- Deputising for the CE as appropriate.
Potential candidates for this unique and exciting opportunity will be highly motivated and experienced professionals seeking to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast growing and respected national charity.
Relevant all-round operational experience from within the Charitable sector would be highly desirable. You will have exceptional project management experience and skills and be able to manage and motivate teams, ensuring a team-based culture and ethos. You will have excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills and the ability to liaise at all levels both internally and with external stakeholders. You will be financially numerate and will have strong IT skills and a flexible approach to work in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
You will identify with the values and principles of the charity and really want to be part of making a genuine difference to the beneficiaries of the charity.
RMA- The Royal Marines Charity is an equal opportunities employer. Please feel free to contact our retained consultant - Simon Bell at Grays Search and Selection on 07766 714 951 for an initial discussion.
Closing date for applications will be Tuesday 3rd January 2023