Divisional MD- Precision Engineering
Salary & Benefits
to £170 000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a well-rounded Managing Director within a truly global designer and manufacturer of bespoke precision-engineered components who supply into a range of OEMs in the broader Automotive sector.
Reporting directly to the President and Group CEO and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Managing Director will be responsible for five business units globally in order that they achieve their short and long-term financial and business objectives.
The group has a long history of performance and success and is recovering well from the challenges of 2020. They are now seeking a commercially focussed leader who can achieve significant profitable and sustainable growth through driving sales and new business opportunities, delivering acquisitions, supporting business and operational excellence and sustaining a motivated and engaged workforce.
The role requires a true commercial 'all-rounder' who can lead, mentor and develop a global team of general managers and functional heads for success in manufacturing operations, sales and business development, new product introduction and related activities.
- Develop and deliver on an overall manufacturing and commercial vision and strategy for the business in alignment with the group strategic plan.
- Accountable for the divisional Profit and Loss with accountability for five businesses, optimising sales, operating profit and cash flow to meet financial targets.
- Sales / commercial focused approach building exceptional relationships and supply contracts within a direct OEM global customer base.
- Control of all operational aspects of a multi-site international manufacturing group including; revenue growth, profit, operations and production, quality, product development, health & safety, financial reporting and compliance.
- Strong focus on leading the Product Engineering function providing clear and decisive leadership of this function.
You must be an individual with a wealth of direct P&L management experience in a high margin, value add precision engineering environment where product design and quality processes are key. International experience is also essential in order to lead a diverse and multicultural team across Europe, US and Asia through a network of sales offices and manufacturing operations. You will need to have a strong background and track record of working in high margin businesses with a focus on value added, engineered solutions. You will ideally have experience of working within an SME environment or managing a divisional business unit (in the range of £50M to £300M t/o) with full accountability as opposed to being used to matrix driven environments. Financially astute and analytical mind-set with the ability to interpret and use the information contained within financial reports to make decisions, take actions and report on. You will have an open leadership style with strong values and integrity and ability and ambition to progress career long term in a well-established, highly profitable and rapidly expanding group.