General Manager - Engineering
Salary & Benefits
Transport and Logistics
Fleet Management and Maintenance
Our Client is a highly successful, fast growth business, within the general Transport sector. They have a very proud heritage and have an enviable and fast growing client list across the UK.
Recent years has seen strong growth in both profit and company size, through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. They now employ over 500 staff and exceptional customer service is at the heart of everything they do, often undertaking some substantial and complex specialist projects
The company is now looking for an exceptional General Manager - Engineering to take overall control of the maintenance and safety of their extensive fleet of Vehicles and Trailers. Reporting directly to the MD, responsibilities will include;
- Overall responsibility for the multi site workshops and teams
- Full control of planned maintenance in a safe and cost effective manner
- Aim for annual inspections at higher than industry average.
- Tyre and third party supplier management
- Control of workshop P&L and budget
- Working closely with site operations to reduce VOR time
- Procurement / disposal and replacement plans for vehicles and trailers in line with MD strategy
- Forecast Industry trends and make the board aware of significant findings
- Ensuring a constant focus on safety and full road worthiness for both vehicles and staff
- Reviewing team performance and providing regular reports to the MD and SMT
Potential candidates will have previous experience of Fleet & Maintenance Management within Transport focused, logistics / distribution environments.Although you will have strong technical ability,your interpersonal skills will also be crucial in a role that needs you to always lead by example and build strong relationships with staff at all levels of the company. You will also be comfortable working in a multi site environment across a broad UK network. Strong IT skills alongside previous examples of managing departmental budgets and P&L’s will also be important for a role that offers excellent future prospects for an ambitious individual.